Mutant Monsters Campaign
Mutant Monster is a 18-stage campaign for The Sandbox. In it, the player discovers MutaGem's unique properties on living beings!
Day 1: Aberrant
My experiments with energy caused a nuclear disaster so I should help with the recovery of the area... Let's eliminate these creatures before they harm any humans
- You can drown the Aberration in Water or SeaWater. If you are careful enough you can also kill them with Fire, with a bigger Brush. Whatever method you decide to use, be careful not to kill any Humans.
- The conveyor belt and wire are hiding something. Erase it so the laser can reach it
- You need to electrify the factory
- Keep the electricity flowing to gather the gems
- High temperatures make Toxic Waste melt, which will make it easier for the cleanup machines below to deal with the waste. Remember to turn on this machines with Electro.
- You could also use acid but remember to neutralize it with water afterwards.
- Save the humans from the acid spit of the Aberrations!
- Activate the traps with Electro to kill the Aberrations.
- Mutagem is listed on the Minerals Tab.
- Haijira can be frozen solid for a while, and you can keep it that way if you keep it in low temperatures. Take advantage of the Cold laser to restrain Haijira.
- The Tank to the left has a Push Laser. Open the trap door and push Haijira so that it falls in it.
- The machine on the bottom left is a small Hydroelectric Generator. Use Water in it to turn on the Conveyor belts.
- Once you bring it to the safe area, control Haijira using the MindRay element. The Ray falls from above and passes through most elements. When it comes in contact with a Giant Monster, it will control it.
- Haijira can climb solid elements by pressing the "Up" directional button when beside a vertical surface of at least 5 pixels height.
- Haijira can heal itself by eating Uranium and MutaGem. Every 5 pixels consumed this way, it heals one HP point.
- MechaRex seems to have the same skill set as our Haijira! However, unlike Haijira, he attacks by chomping viciously with its robotic jaws.
- Use Jones whip to latch to the poles in the level.
- Release the moving platform, and then latch to it with the whip.
- Pay attention to the buttons scattered around the level. They are the key to advancing towards the exit.
- In order to open the last doors, destroy their locking mechanisms using Arnold´s bullets. If you run out of bullets, you can get them at the dispenser in the Crocobot area.
- You'll need the key if you want to access all the rooms.
- Remember you can swing from the ceiling with Jones's whip.
- Uranium and MutaGem heal you on contact. Take advantage of your position to be able to win this 2 vs1.
- While standing on solid ground the DoomGrub can't attack you from below.
- There is some Uranium for you to heal on top the leftmost building.
- Before trying to Mind Control the DoomGrub, make sure you free it by exploding the locking mechanisms keeping its cage closed. Opening the air hatches (using Gas) will also help a lot for the Doomgrub's freedom of movement.
- Uranium deposits heal you when you eat them by passing through.
- Avoid water deposits because water is toxic to DoomGrub.
Day 17: Defrost
Open the ice containers by touching the levers in the center.
- Use Arnold's bombs from above to get rid of the turrets.
- You cannot control monsters while your mind is occupied with controlling Arnold. Make sure he escapes through the exit after releasing the MechaRex, and before attempting to use the MindRay.
Day 18: Volcano Lair
Fill the enemy base with Lava or finish them off with the Doomgrub.
- Eat through vent pipes so that the lava may flow into the chambers.